Comcast and Amazon announced today an agreement to launch Prime Video on Comcast’s Xfinity X1
PHILADELPHIA, PA and SEATTLE, WA – August 2, 2018 –
Comcast and Amazon announced today an agreement to launch Prime Video on Comcast’s Xfinity X1, giving Xfinity TV customers easy access to thousands of additional premium shows and movies over the internet and marking the first time Amazon Prime Video content would be integrated on an MVPD platform in the US. Xfinity TV customers will be able to enjoy exclusive and award-winning Prime Originals like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan
, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
, and Goliath
, as well as live events and TV, titles available to rent or buy, or to watch with a Prime Video Channels subscription. Customers can search Prime Video content using Comcast’s award-winning X1 Voice Remote, as well as enjoy shows and movies available in 4K Ultra HD and HDR. “Amazon Prime Video’s growing list of originals, movies, shows, documentaries, and kids’ programming will be an excellent complement to the overall X1 viewing experience,” said Dana Strong, President of Consumer Services, Comcast. “We want to give customers easy access to all their favorite content in one place. X1 continues to be a platform that can curate live TV, On Demand movies and shows, and streaming internet video and music titles into one, easy-to-use, seamless experience.” “Prime Video is dedicated to making your favorite shows and movies effortless to watch. The addition of the Prime Video app to X1 will make navigating between Prime Video and live TV easier than ever,” said Greg Hart, Vice President of Amazon Prime Video. “We are excited for our Prime members to seamlessly find the shows and movies they love.” Once Amazon Prime Video is launched on X1, customers will be able to:
- Find Prime Originals like Goliath and Sneaky Pete right alongsidetitles like BBC’s Killing Eve, NBC’s Shades of Blue and Showtime’s The Affair when searching for “crime dramas.”
- Access Prime Video’s growing library of 4K HDR content with a compatible X1 set-top box.
- Catch up on current hits like Mr. Robot and American Horror Story with all prior seasons from Prime Video.
- Watch recent hits like Suits, The Americans, Downton Abbey, and The Good Wife or complete seasons of classics like Friday Night Lights and Dawson’s Creek – all available on Prime Video.
- Access titles for rental or purchase and add on a selection of over 160 Prime Video Channels, including Showtime and STARZ.
- Launch Prime Video content, by saying “Amazon Prime Video” into the X1 Voice Remote, or by opening it directly from the X1 apps menu.
The Amazon Prime Video app is expected to launch on X1 later this year. The Emmy-award winning X1 platform is now in a majority of Xfinity customers’ homes. For more information about X1, customers can visit www.xfinity.com/X1