LG G8 THINQ AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. BEGINNING APRIL 11
LG’s Latest G Series Flagship Smartphone Offers New, Innovative Features Designed to Maximize Convenience, Bolster Security and Increase Usability
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., March 28, 2019 — Today, LG Electronics (LG) announced the availability of LG G8 ThinQTM, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. Unveiled last month at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019 in Barcelona, LG G8 ThinQ features a refined minimalist design, innovative audio experiences, new camera hardware and software, and state-of-the-art touchless controls and biometric security features.
The LG G8 ThinQ will be available beginning April 11 at major wireless providers and national retailers, including AT&T, Best Buy, B&H, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile. Pre-orders begin tomorrow, March 29 and will vary by wireless provider and retailer. Pricing begins at $819.99 alongside introductory promotions starting at up to $150 off LG G8 ThinQ for a limited time at launch, dependent on wireless provider and retailer.*
“LG G8 ThinQ has features never before seen on a phone and was meticulously designed to give consumers the latest technology from LG,” said William Cho, president and CEO of LG North America. “With multiple forms of biometric security – including newly introduced Hand ID and 3D Face Unlock – Air Motion touchless controls, a front-facing ToF sensor and Crystal Sound OLED, LG G8 ThinQ is LG’s most innovative smartphone yet.”
For more information on LG G8 ThinQ, visit www.lg.com/g8.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.1”, 19.5:9, QHD+ OLED FullVision, 3120×1440, 564ppi
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 128GB internal storage (at least 104 GB actual usable memory available)** / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Rear: 16MP Wide (f1.9 / 1.0μm / 107˚)
12MP Standard (f1.5 / 1.4μm / 78˚)
– Front: 8MP Standard (f1.7 / 1.22μm / 80˚)
Z Camera (ToF)
- Battery: 3,500mAh
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Measurements: 151.9 x 71.8 x 8.4mm / 5.98” x 2.82” x 0.33”
- Weight: 167g / 5.89oz
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 / NFC /
- Biometrics: Hand ID / 3D Face Unlock / Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor
- Colors: Carmine Red / New Aurora Black / New Platinum Gray
– Color availability will vary by wireless provider and retailer
- Other: Boombox Speaker + Crystal Sound OLED Stereo Speaker / AI CAM / Google Lens / Google Assistant Key / Night View / Super Far Field Voice Recognition / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound*** / HDR10 / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance**** / MIL-STD-810G*****
*Not all customers qualify.
**Usable storage will vary by carrier and will be reflected in all communications accordingly. At least 103 GB available on the LG G8 ThinQ.
***Wired headphones or speakers required
****Tested under controlled laboratory conditions with an IP68 rating. Water resistant up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. Dry before using. Do not charge while wet.
*****Compliant with the following methods for MIL-STD-810G: 500.5, 501.5, 502.5, 503.5, 505.5, 506.5, 507.5, 509.5, 510.5, 512.5, 514.5, 516.5.
# # #
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $55 billion global innovator in technology and manufacturing. In the United States, LG sells a wide range of innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems, solar energy solutions and vehicle components. The “Life’s Good” marketing theme encompasses how LG is dedicated to people’s happiness by exceeding expectations today and tomorrow. LG is a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. www.LG.com.
You have to hand it to LG for trying. While LG was launching its LG G8 ThinQ flagship phone, its biggest rival Samsung announced five (!) Galaxy phones, including a 5G-enabled model and the headline-stealing Galaxy Fold. But the biggest threat to the G8 isn’t next-gen data speeds or fancy folding displays. It’s the price. Of all the new Galaxy phones, the more affordable Galaxy S10E is the phone LG needs to lure potential buyers away from.