Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Is A Shatter-Resistant Exclusive For AT&T
Today Samsung AT&T announce the new Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. The S7 Active is a rugged version of the Galax S7 and comes with all the same features of the Galaxy S7 and the Active series high Military-Spec build quality, but now adds more durability with a shatter resistant display to go along with its protection against water, dust, shock, and temperature.
With that durability, you also get a 4,000 mAH battery. The largest battery Samsung has put in a Galaxy smartphone. The battery is expected to last you all that, and we will be putting that out the test in our review. You also get a beautiful 5.1 Quad HD display, 12 Megapixel cameras with Dual Pixel technology, 32 GB of storage with a microSD card slow to expand the storage up to 200GB, fingerprint sensor, Samsung Pay and Touchwiz based on Android 6.0.1. You’re not missing out on anything with the S7 Active, you gaining.
From my first impression, the S7 Active feels like an S7 inside of the case. It’s not heavy and feels light in the hand for a rugged smartphone. There is still some style to it with rounded edges and the colors of Camo Green, Titanium Gray and Sandy Gold available.
I will be putting the Galaxy S7 Active to the test and pretty soon will give you my First 48 Hours impressions of it. The new Galaxy rugged smartphone is an AT&T exclusive and will be available on June 10th. AT&T is offering a Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) option for or get a free Gear S2 Smartwatch. Price starts off at $26.60/month for AT&T Next (30 Months) or AT&T Next Every Year at $33.13 (24 Months). But sure to check out our unboxing and product images below.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Detailed Specs:
- OS: Android M (6.0.1)
- LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, and 41
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G-UMTS 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Dimensions: 148.8 X 75.0 X 9.9 mm; Weight: 185g
- Display: 5.1”, Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels)
- Memory: RAM: 4GB, Internal Storage: 32GB, microSD up to 200GB
- Rear: 12MP Dual-Pixel with LED Flash, AF, F/1.7
- Front: 5MP with Selfie-flash, F/1.7
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Adaptive Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
- IP68 certified, Military Grade Body (MIL STD-810G), Customizable Active Key, Shatter-Resistant Screen
- NFC, MST – Samsung Pay, FM Tuner
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/a/r 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Micro USB (USB 2.0), 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, HR, Proximity, RGB, Fingerprint
- GPS, aGPS w/ SUPL, GLONASS