An Industry First, Delta Launches Innovative Solution for Pet Travel
- Exclusive partnership with CarePod
- A new standard of travel, with a state-of-the-art pet travel carrier providing real-time updates for customers
- Phased U.S. rollout, after a successful trial
ATLANTA, January 22, 2020: Delta is ushering in a new best-in-class travel experience for pets and their owners with the exclusive launch of CarePod. The introduction of this state-of-the-art pet travel carrier, which provides many industry leading features including real-time updates throughout the journey, heralds a new standard of first-class safety and care for pet air travel.
After five years of research, development and testing, on top of a successful two-month trial, CarePod will be exclusively offered at eight U.S. locations: Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York (JFK and LaGuardia), San Francisco and West Palm Beach. There will then be a phased approach to roll out the CarePod pet travel carrier across Delta’s U.S. network.
“Continuous innovation is in Delta’s DNA and the launch of the CarePod pet travel carrier, an industry first, is an example of us seeking out innovative partnerships and looking at ways to improve the customer experience throughout all parts of their journey,” says Shawn Cole, Vice President, Delta Cargo. “As the only airline to offer this premium pet travel solution, it represents a significant improvement for the millions of people that want to travel with their four-legged family members.”
The CarePod pet travel carrier has several innovative safety features that make it the ultimate air travel experience for pets:
- Stronger, industrial strength walls that are insulated to protect your pet against potential temperature fluctuations when moving between different climates and travel conditions.
- Multi-layered windows and doors with specially angled blinds to help create a calming environment for pets by blocking out visual stress from unfamiliar environments.
- The world’s first built-in hydration system for pet travel carriers, holding up to a liter of water that will auto replenish the spill-proof water bowl to ensure pets always have easy access to fresh water.
- A powerful, enterprise level GPS tracking and monitoring system that connects your pet’s journey directly to the specialized Delta Cargo Control Center. The Center is managed 24/7/365 by trained experts who supervise and digitally monitor every CarePod pet journey from beginning to end, with the expertise and authority to send out the right staff on the ground to check on the pet if needed.
- Seamless connectivity that enables you to use your mobile phone to view your pet’s key travel updates throughout their entire journey via deltacargo.com
- CarePod pet travel carriers are made to the highest quality and standard, with human grade materials that are non-toxic, UV and antibacterial treated for longer lasting strength and protection.
The CarePod pet travel carrier is a next generation, IATA compliant pet travel carrier which can accommodate dogs and cats permitted in a 300 series crate, or smaller, and can be booked between three and thirteen days prior to departure. The CarePod can be booked by visiting deltacargo.com or by calling Delta’s Cargo Customer Service Center at 1-800-352-2746.
“We’re thrilled that pet owners can now vacation and fly their pets with Delta’s best-in-class CarePod solution, having the peace of mind that their pets are protected in smart pet travel carriers, that are also digitally supervised by the Delta Cargo Control Center throughout the entire journey,” says Jenny Pan, founder and CEO of CarePod. “With the Delta partnership, we aim to raise the benchmark for pet air travel to allow families and pets to stay connected and travel safely together.”
Delta’s team of specialists and staff veterinarian constantly review processes and policies to identify areas of improvement to ensure the safety and health of pets. The airline has specially trained ground handlers who take care of pets at every step of their journey. Delta also has temperature-controlled holding areas and vehicles in numerous locations and overnight kenneling services. The Cargo Control Center in Atlanta also gives the airline 24/7/365 visibility into all shipments, including pets.
Delta Cargo started working with CarePod in 2018 and the relationship is the latest example of seeking out innovative partnerships to streamline and improve the customer experience. Delta is focused on tech-driven solutions to support the airline’s vision of the future, looking at the challenges throughout the customer journey and coming up with innovative solutions to transform travel to be less stressful and more enjoyable.
For further information on how to book the ultimate air travel experience for pets visit deltacargo.com.
About Delta Cargo
Delta Cargo offers access to an industry-leading global network, reaching more than 310 destinations in 54 countries on six continents and carrying more than 2.2 billion cargo ton-miles each year. Whether it’s life-saving pharmaceuticals, organs for transplant, fresh flowers, asparagus or bulk shipments, Delta Cargo offers reliable shipping services with GPS, real-time tracking, same-day delivery and first/last mile deliveryoptions . With its 24/7 Cargo Control Center for proactive shipment monitoring and IATA’s CEIV Pharma certification, Delta Cargo continues to be an industry leader. In 2019, Delta Cargo received Air Cargo World’s Air Cargo Excellence Diamond Award. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs more than 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 800 aircraft. Delta is a member of the SkyTeam Cargo global alliance and participates in joint venture partnerships with Air France-KLM Cargo, Virgin Atlantic Cargo and Aeromexico Cargo, and in cooperation with Korean Air Cargo. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers more than 15,000 daily flights, with key hubs and markets. Visit www.DeltaCargo.com to subscribe to news updates and operational advisories. Look for the red ‘Subscribe’ button on the Alerts & News page.
A global pet technology company headquartered in Singapore, CarePod is transforming pet air travel. CarePod’s advanced engineering and smart technology solution provide first-class safety and care for pets like never before, enabling airlines to meet the needs of today’s travelers and their pets. Founded by Jenny Pan, the team at CarePod believes pets are at the core of modern families who want to live, work and travel together. Visit www.Care-Pod.com for more information and to subscribe to CarePod’s pet air travel updates