COMCAST TO LAUNCH YOUTUBE ON XFINITY X1
Comcast and Google are teaming up to bring YouTube right into your Xfinity X1 box. The app will be launch later this year and will seamlessly integrate within the X1 system. You’ll have access to the entire YouTube catalog of videos. So you’ll be able to watch your favorite TV show and keep up with your BWOne.com videos at the same time hehe. This and the addition of Netflix, Comcast has shown they want to be your entertainment hub across all platforms. Check out the press release for more info.
YouTube will be integrated into X1 and made accessible via the X1 Voice Remote later this year. YouTube videos will be accessible on X1 including music, gaming, vlogs, and entertainment clips.
PHILADELPHIA, PA and SAN BRUNO, CA
Comcast and Google today announced a deal that will launch the YouTube app on Xfinity X1 across the country later this year. X1 customers will be able to easily browse and seamlessly access over the Internet the entire YouTube catalog of billions of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
“We are excited to partner with Google to bring YouTube to X1 and provide our customers easier access to all the content they love in one place,” said Sam Schwartz, Chief Business Development Officer, Comcast Cable. “By integrating YouTube into the X1 experience, viewers can simply and effortlessly access videos on any topic, from cooking, to beauty and fitness with just their voice.”
X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout Xfinity On Demand. And for the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content in the following ways:
· Launch the YouTube app by simply saying “YouTube” into the X1 voice remote.
· Browse featured YouTube content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.
· Search for movie trailers or TV show clips by saying, “Show me Adam Levine clips from ‘The Voice’ on YouTube,” or “YouTube, find ‘The LEGO Movie’ trailer.”
· Access hundreds of thousands of music videos by saying, “Show me Ariana Grande videos on YouTube,” or “Watch Katy Perry’s ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ on YouTube.”
· Watch the world’s best gamers face off by saying, “YouTube, Launch League of Legends Championship Series.”
· Search the latest videos from your favorite personalities by saying, “Show me Ellen Degeneres on YouTube,” or “YouTube, Logan Paul videos.”
· Or search millions of user-generated videos like dinner recipes and workout routines by saying, “YouTube, show me chicken recipes,” or “Find yoga videos on YouTube.”
“The YouTube integration on X1 will provide users the ability to seamlessly navigate and access YouTube content alongside their cable service. And by simply using their voice, users can now access diverse videos that creators make every single day,” said Robert Kyncl, Chief Business Officer, YouTube.
Once launched, X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s massive collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos. Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions.